Supporting pre-eclampsia research
Action on Pre-eclampsia’s Walker Redman Award aims to support post-doctoral students’ research, knowledge and understanding of pre-eclampsia.
Are you a post-doctoral student in the United Kingdom?
Are you interested in travelling to further your research and understanding of Pre-eclampsia? Could This Award Help You? Action on Pre-eclampsia is the leading UK charity supporting families and researchers in trying to understand this condition. We support hundreds of families each year and make a significant contribution towards patient involvement in research. We want to support your research and will make two awards of £500 each year to help fund travel to improve your knowledge and understanding of pre-eclampsia.
About the Award
It will be an ‘easy to enter but hard to win scholarship programme’ with the aim that this will get students over the financial finish line and to make life a little easier; not that it should fund every part of their plans. The awarding committee will be looking at the realistic nature of the proposals, the deliverability, what support they have and the possibility of putting something new and original into the jigsaw of how we solve pre-eclampsia.
How to apply
The Walker Redman Award is open to two post-doctoral students each year. Submissions open in July, with the closing date of 1st September 2019. For more information about the Awards – and to request an application pack – please email us at email@example.com.
The rules of the scholarship are simple:
- Be engaged in research in the UK into an aspect of pre-eclampsia;
- Have a research project which will be enhanced by overseas travel;
- Be prepared to report back to the Annual APEC Experts Meeting; and
- Be able to deliver your project by May 2020.
Awards Timetable 2020/2021
- May 2020 – Report back at Annual Expert Meeting from 2020 candidates
- July 2020 – Launch of Submissions for 2021
- 1st September 2020 – Closure
- 30th September 2020 – Funding announced
- May 2021 – APEC Annual Expert meeting – student presentation/report back
- July 2021 – launch of next round.