Multidisciplinary study days for health care professionals
Action on Pre-eclampsia’s study days are widely recognised as being excellent, with 96% of midwives and healthcare professionals feeling more confident dealing with pre-eclampsia after attending. We will be visiting over 13 places in the UK in 2020, its likely one study day will be near you!
APEC’s study days are widely recognised as being excellent
APEC host a number of pre-eclampsia study days across the UK, with guest speakers who are leaders in the field of pre-eclampsia and associated conditions. Delegates who register for our study days on pre-eclampsia reveal that prior to the day, they are not confident in recognising symptoms, talking to women about pre-eclampsia and knowing at what point they should be referring women for expert assessment. However, feedback from our study days shows that 92% of midwives and healthcare professionals feel more confident dealing with pre-eclampsia after attending.
“Thank you so much for your help and support with the study days. It has made a huge difference to our unit. I have seen such a change in the management of pre-eclampsia since I have been back at work. The study days seem to have had a very positive impact on our practice which is fantastic!”
Julie Smith, DAU lead midwife (recently returned to work following maternity leave)
Interested in attending?
APEC do not make a profit on our study days but run them purely as part of our core charitable objectives. Therefore the cost for training events, and also running them ‘in house’ is kept to a minimum to enable as many people to attend as possible. If you would like any further information, or have any questions, please call or email us at email@example.com or call us on 01386 761 848 to chat to one of the APEC team.
Upcoming event dates:
- Exeter: March 3rd firstname.lastname@example.org to book
- SCOTLAND: Dumfries March 10th – email@example.com to book. Further info: Tickets £30, FREE to local RCM midwives
- SCOTLAND: Edinburgh/Lothian March 11th – new places now available: info Marion.Sneddon@nhslothian.scot.nhs.uk
SCOTLAND: Inverness March 12th – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/29344706047 to book.Due to unforeseen circumstances sadly this event has had to be cancelled.
- Bath April 21st Booking info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Poole, Dorset May 12th To book your place email@example.com Further info: Tickets: Poole staff £25.00/Outside Poole Staff £30.00
- Hull, May 18th –TBC
- St Georges, London May 14th Booking info Beth Mears: K1715016@kingston.ac.uk
- Bedford, June 3rd Book here https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/apec-study-day-tickets-93895775793?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
- University of Hertford June 10th Book here: https://hertfordshire.su/events/7989/4215/ NB Please note this event is now open to non UH students, midwives / other interested professionals.
- Hastings July 16th
- Newham, London – November date to be confirmed
Example agenda for study day
- Why we still need Action on Pre-eclampsia – Marcus Green, CEO APEC
- An Overview of pre-eclampsia: Pathophysiology – Prof Andrew Shennan
- A parent’s personal experience of pre-eclampsia
- Testing for pre-eclampsia – are we getting it right? – Prof Lucy Chappell
- NICE and the implementation of guidelines – Dr David Williams
- Postnatal care following pre-eclampsia – Prof Cathy Nelson-Piercy
- Current Research into Pre-eclampsia – Dr Louise Webster
‘In House’ Study days – Let APEC come to you!
Our study days are run in conjunction with hospitals and universities ‘in house’. This keeps overheads low for us and saves money for delegates. We may also be able to offer a subsidy in some areas where we have identified a need, please ask at the time of enquiry. If you have a a suitable venue and 40+ delegates, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack.