APEC are proud to work in conjunction with various other organisations who are also dedicated to promoting safe pregnancy and the best outcomes for women across the globe.
We work closely with APEC Ghana, initially helping to set the organisation five years ago. We also work with APEC International, whose aim is connect global communities to improve outcomes for women and babies.
Pregnancy and baby charities network
APEC is delighted to be part of the Pregnancy and Baby Charities Network – a network of charities with the common goal of making the pregnancy and birth journey better and safer. The Top 4 Priorities of the Network are:
- Make England the safest country in the world in which to have a baby.
- Give women a maternity guarantee that their pregnancy and birth journey will be personalised and will meet their needs.
- Give sick and premature babies the best chance of survival and quality of life.
- Provide every family with the bereavement care they need after pregnancy or baby loss.
The Pregnancy and Baby Charities Network represents UK charities whose focus includes one or more of the following:
- to reduce the number of babies who die during pregnancy, birth or in the early weeks of life.
- to reduce morbidity in newborn babies and improve care for these babies and their parents.
- to improve care throughout the path to parenthood; before, during and after pregnancy and after losing a baby or pregnancy.